Today there are so many Muslims out there that eat, sleep, wake up and usually spend their time being busy or attending to other matters and never really are grateful for what they have. Below are five simple ways to help you become more grateful.
- Make sure after each prayer that you give thanks for the little or big things you have in your life.
- Every night before you go to sleep, remember Allah and say that all praise is for him. Do this at least three times.
- When you wake up,remember Allah and recite the dua for waking up, pray two rakat, and give thanks for being alive.
- Give thanks that you still have your friends and family to support you through thick and thin. Many around the world would give their lives to hug there moms and dads. Many wish to have friends to spend good time with.
- Say "mashaallah" to any one, which is blessed, and know that jealousy, is a bad thing in Islam. Dont envy the rich and always think about the less fortunate. There is always something to be grateful for in everyone's life. Whenever you get negative feelings remember this quote below "I was sad because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet" .
- Thank Allah that your in good health, and if you're not blind or crippled or disabled in any other way. Thanking allah will only increase your blessings. Allah says in Quran : "If you are grateful, I will certainly give you increase, but if you are ungrateful, My punishment is severe."' (Surah Ibrahim: 7)
- Feel motivated and have your intention as being grateful.
- Thanking Allah does not only gives you more good deeds, but it gives you a self comfort and feel very wealthy.
- Being grateful to Allah increases love from others to you.
- Remember the good that Allah has brought upon you, and remember the certain 'miracles' that you've experienced - this may help motivate your gratefulness to Allah.
- Give charity (known as "alms-giving") as a result to your gratefulness of what you have and what you are or what you've achieved.
- Glorify Allah and submit humbly to Him